If you've seen the news in the past few months, the surging price of Bitcoin has dominated the nightly news. Individuals are mortgaging their homes in order to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency, in hopes of striking it rich. This recent popularity of cryptocurrency has brought the mainstream into a technology most don't understand. This has led to a surge in Bitcoin thefts, to include $70 million worth of Bitcoin stolen in December 2017. Underneath this popularity, over $500,000 worth of Bitcoins are exchanged through Dark Markets a day!
Do you know how cryptocurrency supports criminal activities? Do you know what the blockchain is and how to analyze it? Do you know what Monero is? If you can't answer yes to all these questions, then this is the class for you!
Cryptocurrency has taken a hold throughout the world as another form of currency. Today one can use Bitcoin at restaurants, sporting events, and popular online stores. Despite the popularity, many within law enforcement are still unclear what exactly cryptocurrency are. Would you know where to start an investigation involving cryptocurrency?
- What is a Bitcoin
- How to buy or mine Bitcoins
- How cryptocurrency is used
- Profiles of popular cryptocurrency
- Profiles of popular exchange sites
- How anonymous is cryptocurrency
- Criminal uses of cryptocurrency
- Signs that cryptocurrency may be involved in any investigation
- Introduction to the dark web
- Legal difficulties with cryptocurrency crimes