Detecting Danger with Dr. Steven Rhoads
Detection of the verbal and nonverbal clues to violence
Log in to view this course.
Detecting Danger with Dr. Steven Rhoads: Detection of the verbal and nonverbal clues to violence
This one-day course is designed to provide the necessary training for successfully detection of the verbal and nonverbal clues transmitted by offenders who are anticipating the use of violence. THIS IS AN OFFICER SAFETY COURSE.
What You Will Learn:
- Recognize the role Phenomenlogical thought, perceptions, plays in creating a survival mentality.
- Recognize non-verbal communication, with specific references to gestures most often present prior to assault or escape behaviors.
- Understand the Trilogy of Warning signs that generally indicate that the presence of violence or the propensity for violence is present in others.
- Utilize conscious and subconscious rapport building to create a positive or negative environment.
- Manipulate proxemics for utmost benefits.
- How to use their posture and communication style for maximum results in diffusing conflict.
Air Date: 1/20/2015
Length: 8 hour(s)