26% of the world is on Facebook and over 1 billion of these individuals are using mobile devices to connect to Facebook. They are uploading over 300 million images and 180 million updates daily. The amount of data available to law enforcement is immense. This crucial data can be instrumental to your investigation. Recent changes to Facebook have made traditional methods of searching for people unusable. Do you know how to gain access to this data?
You can take the first step, by registering for Facebook 101: An Investigators Guide to Facebook and Instagram. This four hour class will cover;
- The basics of Facebook
- Advanced searching for individuals in Facebook
- How to find criminal Facebook Groups
- Fraud schemes committed through Facebook
- How to overcome private profiles
- Instagram Basics
- Instagram tools for investigations
- Subpoenas and Search Warrants
- Facebook interaction with law enforcement
- How to avoid the pitfalls of fake profiles
- Personal security on Facebook and Instagram
Students will receive course material, legal boilerplates, and Facebook/Instagram law enforcement guides.
Facebook has updated their site significantly since our last class. Come see what has changed and how you can use Facebook to your investigative advantage in 2017.