What to do when you arrest a juvenile and the new laws that apply
Log in to view this course.
Juvenile Offenders: What to do when you arrest a juvenile and the new laws that apply
BE SURE TO USE THE CODE STOCKUP TO GET THE ADVERTISED PRICE OF $40
This course will be an introduction to the world of Juvenile Justice. The class will provide the basics of juvenile brain science and why the Juvenile Justice System is focused on rehabilitation instead of punishment, the specific laws governing interview, interrogation, detentions, and arrests of Juveniles and the differences in the path juvenile cases take through the justice system. You will also learn the specific information to obtain during your investigation of Juvenile offenses to assist the prosecutor in successfully transferring the case from juvenile to adult court in the most serious of cases.
- The ins and outs of the juvenile justice system
- What to do when you arrest a juvenile and the laws that apply
- Search Warrants and their differences with Juveniles
- Miranda and the new heightened scrutiny with Juveniles
- Utilizing Juveniles as Informants
- Confidentiality of Juvenile Cases
- How to transfer a Juvenile case to Adult Court
Air Date: 1/21/2021
Length: 4 hour(s)