WHERE THE OVERLAP AND THE EXPERTISE IS REQUIRED
This class will address the nuts and bolts of handling drug cases within the context of gangs and the application of a gang allegation. It will include all the criteria necessary to prove the gang allegation, and what it takes to be a gang expert. Further, it will address the difficulty of proving sales cases in today’s world and discuss strategies to overcome those hurdles. When gang members engage in drug dealing, two types of expertise are required. Wiretaps often generate cases involving both areas of expertise. This class will explore those situations, as well as other scenarios, and help you navigate through them.
- Breaking down 186.22 PC California “Gang Sentencing” Enhancement Law
- Testifying as a gang expert
- Recent trends in Narcotics
- Overlap of gangs and narcotics
- Wiretaps and other narcotics/gangs operations
- Overcoming hurdles of narc expert in today’s climate